Waiting for baby Gjestlegate.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Serendipity

We aren't ready to to talk names yet, but there are a few that are at the top of the list. During our 9 for 9 celebration yesterday, while kayaking down the Big Darby, something caught my eye sticking out of the bank along the side of the creek. It was this blue bottle. If you know anything about old bottles, you know blue bottles are rare and are among the more prized findings for collectors.

In any case, we paddled over and I dug the bottle out of the mud and was surprised to find it in one piece with the lid still on. When I cleaned off the thick mud, I was amazed to find that the bottle had one of the names we are considering imprinted on the bottle. I can't tell you what it is yet, but it was definitely not Bromo, Seltzer or Drug Co.!

Crazy.

6 comments:

  1. Crazy Cool! Is it Mountain Dew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good find, Julia and Liv! Let's meet at Blue Ginger some day soon to catch up. It is air conditioned which is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Mountain Dew, but you're close, it was actually Sierra Mist. ;-)

    And Becky, Evian? You're a genius! We're adding that to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when things like that happen! You two are so incredibly awesome. I can't contain my excitement for you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not Magnesia? I hope!?
    Great blog, wonderful, artistic photos and comments. You two are so good at both!

    ReplyDelete