Waiting for baby Gjestlegate.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Career Change?

My horoscope for Saturday said:
"This Solar Eclipse raises core issues. So fluff up your pillows, get comfortable, and listen to the small, still voice within - making sure to ask it whether it would like you to make any changes to your course."

The farmer who runs our crop share at Hogwash Farms had a heart attack recently. On Saturday morning I volunteered to help him out at the Clintonville Farmer's Market until he gets back on his feet. I haven't had that much fun at work in 3 years. AND, I got paid in cherries, blueberries, broccoli, farm fresh eggs and one perfect red onion.




When I told my 7 year old niece about my new job I couldn't tell if she was more impressed by me working for the farmer or the fact that I got paid in fruits and vegetables.

Kids are good at reminding us that being happy is what matters most. I am looking forward to having our own kid to share my happy day with at whatever career happens for me in the next few years. Whatever it is, I look forward to the change of course and in the meantime I am going to keep my ears open, listening for that little voice telling me to follow my heart.


fruits of my labor

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty sweet you got paid with fruits and veggies! What a deal. Kids are awesome...especially some of the ideas they come up with. We could learn a lot from them. A pretty good book for help on following your heart is "The Element" by Ken Robinson :) Hope you guys enjoyed your farm fresh goodies!

    ReplyDelete