Waiting for baby Gjestlegate.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Strange Bedfellows

What do these foods have in common?


These are the three things I have craved during my pregnancy. (I probably would have had cravings for ice cream too, but a good friend has kept us very well supplied, which means, with at least 2 pints in the freezer at all times, I really haven't had to crave.)

The Kraft Singles cravings started first and came on late in my first trimester. At first I thought I needed more protein. Then I remembered that Kraft singles aren't really food, thus not a good source of protein, and probably I should stop eating them.

Late in my second trimester, on more than one occasion, I ate an entire pomegranate in one go while standing over the kitchen sink. I remember at one point being a little glad Julie had the stomach flu so I could justify eating 2 entire pomegranates by myself.

The dark chocolate with raspberries one just hit now. It's awesome. And I'm starting to think that the this, combined with the pomegranate cravings, are because I need all the antioxidants I can get to overturn the effects of those Kraft singles early on.

1 comment: